Feb 3, 2020
In this episode, part 1 of a 2 part series, Brandon and Lauren
discuss the virtue of making bacon -- how it is about so much more
than just putting food on your table -- and how it can lead you to
excellence through virtue. Learn what you can anticipate when
making bacon for the first time and what some of the difficulties
you might encounter in eating home made bacon are. Find out
which new tools Brandon has been dreaming about for his shop
lately, and what factors he must consider as he discerns whether or
not to purchase them.
Introduction and Announcements:
- To Kill a Pig Nicely now available FREE of charge on our
- Membership is open!
- 60-day free trial available! Promo code: "60 Day
- New content available on: lamb butchery, curing red meat, lamb
curing, and lamb carpaccio!
- Membership forum topics now categorized for easy browsing!
- Join us for one of our upcoming spring
Family Pig classes!
- Help us produce more episodes by supporting us on
Part 1 Show Notes:
- Announcements (and what Brandon's been up to), :59
- Dreaming of a bacon slicer, 2:17
... and a wall-mounted paper dispenser.... and a bowl
- On what basis does one decide to upgrade their home meat
production set-up? 23:23
- What one can anticipate when you first start making bacon,
- How to overcome some of the difficulties in eating bacon:
- abundance, 33:35
- rancidity, 36:15
- Virtue acquisition through bacon making; 39:18
- The ends of cooking: the natural and the supernatural,
Links for Episode 47: