Jun 16, 2020
In this episode, Part 2 of a two-part series, Brandon and Lauren
talk about slaughtering goat kids and sheep, what rennett is and
what it is used for, and the art of duck gavage. They also
delve into more philosophical topics such as: humane
slaughter vs. natural death, the danger of compassion in the
slaughter, and why eating meat is brazen.
Introduction and Announcements:
- To Harvest a Pig Nicely is now available FREE of
charge on our YouTube channel!
- Membership is open!
- 60-day free trial available! Promo code:
- New content available on lamb tartare and cabrito
- Membership forum topics now categorized for easy browsing!
- Join us for one of our upcoming spring
Family Pig classes!
- Help us produce more episodes by supporting us on
Part 2 Show Notes
- Slaughtering goat kids, 1:14
- Scalding and scraping, 6:26
- Rennett, 8:33
- Kid carcass, 9:45
- Slaughtering mauled sheep, 13:32
- Humane slaughter vs. natural death, 20:13
- The danger of compassion when slaughtering, 21:06
- Eating meat is brazen, 24:53
- Other spring projects, 27:43
Links for Episode 56: