Mar 29, 2020
In these episodes, Brandon and Lauren explain why they finally
broke down and bought a side of beef for their family; why Brandon
decided not to freeze any of it; and how they worked
through the side of beef removing chunks of meat, as needed over a
three month period of time.
Brandon will convince you that the best way to eat beef is --
VERY aged, and offers suggestions on how to entice your family to
eat it, despite the colorful mold.
Finally, Brandon and Lauren reveal their three time-tested and
proven pillars of beef cookery, and the cooking techniques they
recommend in preparing each cut of beef.
Introduction and Announcements:
- To Kill a Pig Nicely now available FREE of charge on our
- Membership is open!
- 60-day free trial available! Promo code:
- New content available on: beef mold, SlaughterDay Fry,
- Membership forum topics now categorized for easy browsing!
- Join us for one of our upcoming spring
Family Pig classes!
- Help us produce more episodes by supporting us on
Part 1 Show Notes:
- Why we broke down and purchased a side of beef, 9:48
- Our decision not to freeze any of the beef, 19:01
- The way to eat beef is ... very aged, 22:02
- Mold on aged beef, 33:12
- How to get your family to eat dry-aged beef with mold,
- How we broke down and cooked our side of beef, piece-by-piece,
- Skirt steak and flank, 49:44
- Foreshank, 51:52
- Braising (plate, brisket, flank), 53:58
Continued in Part
Links for Episode 51:
- There are no links for Episode 51.