Apr 10, 2020
In this episode, Part 2 of a two part series, Brandon and Lauren
continue explaining how they
worked through a whole side of beef, removing chunks of meat as
needed over a three month period of time; without freezing any of
Brandon will convince you that the best way to eat beef is —
VERY aged, and offers suggestions on how to entice your family to
eat it (despite its colorful mold). Finally, Brandon and
Lauren share their three time-tested, and proven, pillars of beef
cookery; and their preparation techniques for each cut of beef.
Introduction and Announcements:
- To Kill a Pig Nicely now available FREE of charge on our
- Membership is open!
- 60-day free trial available! Promo code:
- New content available on: beef mold, SlaughterDay Fry,
- Membership forum topics now categorized for easy browsing!
- Join us for one of our upcoming spring Family
- Help us produce more episodes by supporting us on
Part 2 Show Notes:
- Ribs, 1:20
- T-bones, Sirloin, Neck
- Sirloin (ground), 10:40
- Emulsified sausage, 10:47
- T-bone steaks, rib roasts, tenderloin, filet mignon, top round,
- Hamburgers from beef top round and smoked pork jowl, 30:37
- Three pillars for beef, 36:35
- 1) Do age it!
- 2) Don’t trim
- 3) Pork fat is essential!
- Braising methods and variations, 45:39
Links for Episode 52: