Nov 13, 2020
In this episode, Brandon and Lauren share the big "new things"
in their lives: a new baby, new geese, and a new
tractor! Learn how Brandon is putting his tractor to use in
ways he never anticipated and how having a competent and efficient
tool affects your psychology. Brandon discusses methods of
fattening poultry, including the art of gavage; and Lauren shares
the numerous benefits of a Farmstead Meatsmith membership.
Introduction and Announcements:
- CHRISTMAS IS COMING!
- Family Pig Classes -- Fun and educational -- a great
gift! Registration now open for our spring 2021 classes!
- Membership -- a gift that gives all year long!
- New videos available on: the home birder; the home eggery;
emulsified sausage; the philosophy and mechanics of killing and
eating goat kids; pithing ducks; lamb tartar; and comparing curing
- Forum topics now categorized for easy browsing!
- 60-day free trial available! Promo code:
- To Harvest a Pig Nicely is available FREE of charge on
our YouTube channel!
- FREE - Murray Carter's Blade Sharpening Fundamentals
film now available free of charge on YouTube!
- Gain membership to our exclusive Facebook Meatsmith
Table group and help us produce more episodes by supporting us
on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/meatsmith.
Part 1 Show Notes:
- We bought a tractor!, 2:03
- Putting it to work in more ways than we anticipated, 7:47
- composting (8:04), stacking wood (11:56), making wood chips and
- How a competent and efficient tool affects your psychology,
- Tractor purchase and maintenance considerations -- and how it's
different than buying a car, 17:25
- Fat content in poultry and the art of gavage, 24:24
- Farmstead Meatsmith membership - it offers so much!, 37:35
Part 2 Show Notes
Links for Episode 57:
Links for Episode 58: