Apr 1, 2021
In these episodes, Brandon and Lauren discuss fasting and how
fat compliments it so beautifully. They share their
experiences with fasting, how it has enhanced their lives, and some
of the meaning behind it. They also suggest ways that fat can
be incorporated into one's practice of fasting.
In the way of side topics, Brandon shares what he has been up to
on the farm; and Brandon and Lauren muse over the unique
personality characteristics and culinary delights of geese.
Introduction and Announcements:
- Join one of our summer Family Pig
classes! July 22-24 and Aug 5-7
- Martinmas Great Goose Class coming up this fall! More
information to follow.
- New goose killing video up on our website under
- Membership -- a gift that gives all year long!
- Dozens of Brandon's videos
- Forum topics now categorized for easy browsing!
- 60-day free trial available! Promo code:
- To Harvest a Pig Nicely is available FREE of charge on
our YouTube channel!
- Gain membership to our exclusive Facebook Meatsmith
Table group and help us produce more episodes by supporting us
on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/meatsmith.
Part 1 Show Notes:
- Brandon's morning, 2:10
- Brining and smoking meat, 2:12
- Planting nut trees to feed animals and pigs, 3:10
- Planning a new poultry fattening house and a new goose harvest
- On Geese, 9:25
- Fasting and fasting with fat, 19:25
- Our experiences with fasting,
- Not all backfat is created equal, 45:12
- Ways to cure lardo, 51:04
- Other ways to incorporate fat into your fasting, 55:08
- Benefits of lardo vs. fat destined for rendering,
- Tinting lardo, 59:15
Part 2 Show Notes:
Links for Episode 63:
Links for Episode 64: